Q/A With The Twitchells


You asked, we answer-- here's Q/A with The Twitchells! (Okay, okay, full disclosure: we haven't actually been asked any of these questions, we just thought they'd be fun to answer)


  • So you two have been married for a few months now. What do you and David fight about?
David: Well, Marissa loves going to bed really early... Sometimes she wants to get like 12 hours of sleep at night! I don't think it's smart to get more than 9 hours of sleep a night normally, so when Marissa want's to go to bed about 8:00pm, I just think that's completely ridiculous.
  • We heard that you and David were separated for four weeks! What happened?
Marissa: David and I both recently started our jobs! David went to Chicago for three weeks to start with EY and I went to Dallas for two weeks for Pariveda Solutions. Thankfully we overlapped by a week, but that still meant that we spent almost four weeks apart. 
  • How did you guys stay close while you were apart?
David: We tried both FaceTime and Google Hangout and we think Google Hangout is our favorite way to stay close. After work we would each hang out with our coworkers, but before bed we made a habit of using Google Hangout so that we could chat. Obviously being face-to-face is better, but video calls helped make being apart easier.
  • What is the sweetest thing David does for you?
Marissa: Well, David's a real sweetheart, but before I can explain how so, I have to offer a little background. David likes to sleep super cold and I like to sleep really warm. Since we didn't have air conditioning this summer, we slept pretty warm-- how I like it. At night David would just sleep with a sheet and then we would fold over the comforter and I would sleep with a double comforter. It looked hilarious, I'm sure. 

Some nights I wanted to be cool like David and so I would just sleep with a sheet, but then I would get cold in the night and I'm such a deep sleeper that I wouldn't wake up to put on an extra layer. I would end up waking up kind of early and just feeling okay because I had been so cold in my sleep. David noticed this was happening and he naturally wakes up in the middle of the night to change positions, so he started putting the blanket on me during the night when he noticed me get cold. He's such a sweetheart!
  • Is it true that David still calls you Master?
Marissa: Yes, absolutely.

David: I called you Master once!
  • Who's the cryer in the relationship?
David: Well, we cry for different reasons. 

Marissa: David cries for noble reasons; he cries when he's touched. Just the other night we were watching video from our wedding luncheon and when David's dad talks about what a wonderful son David is, David starts tearing up and you see him dabbing his eyes with a napkin.

David: Marissa tends to cry when she's stressed out or when she feels like she did something wrong. I think the first time I saw Marissa cry was when she got booted. She had parked at Monticello and paid for her parking space, but she hadn't gotten the sticker so they booted her anyway.
  • Who's the true diva in the relationship?
David: Well, Marissa has a million cardigans, she loves her boots, and she has to have her Zone bars...

Marissa: But David's definitely the true diva. He has to have an expensive mattress, couch, pillow, etc. I of course don't mind having nice things though... 

When our family was discussing David's "pillow problem," David said the following. "My pillow problem??! I like comfortable pillows. I like my pillow. I took my pillow camping. I can sleep on the floor as long as I have my pillow." We even had him try out all the pillows at my parent's and David explained that when you're shopping for a pillow, you really have to consider the mattress you're sleeping on. The thickness of a pillow may work on one bed but not another.

  • Where do you plan to make your home?
Marissa: David, is Seattle our home?

David: For now.
  • Tell us about the last time you two went shopping!
Marissa: This last time we went shopping, we bought David a white belt, gray Nike shoes, and a dark blue dress shirt. I think it was the first time we spent the day shopping and didn't buy a single thing for me, haha.
  • We heard David had a birthday?
Marissa: Yes, he's 26 now! We decided to celebrate by making him carrot cake (his favorite). :)


Well, there you have it Q/A with the Twitchells!

Comments