Trip to Utah to celebrate my grandpa's life

My son Neil looking up to his grandpa Neal
This past week we made a trip to Richfield Utah to attend the funeral of my grandpa. Funerals for me include such mixed feelings. I am sad to lose my grandpa, but I got to enjoy being with family and having the opportunity to celebrate and remember my grandpa's life. I felt especially grateful for the opportunities my husband and I were able to take over the past couple years to visit with him and and my grandma before he passed. My husband and I took a trip a couple years ago, this past July we attended an extended family reunion shortly after our son was born so that my grandpa could meet his namesake great-grandson, and it worked out to visit with him again this past Thanksgiving. My grandpa had just recently celebrated his 80th birthday, and I feel grateful for the time I got with him. I am looking forward to the day when my son can ask for stories about his great grandpa. 
Gravesite dedication
Neil celebrating his Danish heritage
My grandpa's obituary
We got to visit with David's family as well.

Neil needed a break from his car seat and wanted to play in the back.

Neil getting a little sleep on the plane.

Comments