Mr. D. and Mrs. M, The Meaning Behind The Name of Our Blog


David and I met last July in Dallas, Texas. He was there on a summer internship with Capital One, and I was there for three weeks with an IT consulting firm, Pariveda.

For my temporary stay in Dallas, I brought along with me a coworker whose name was also David. Him and I worked together on a few projects for Pariveda. We would drive home together in our rental car and I would tell him about guys I liked and he would tell me about the cute things his daughter did. 

I met my David that first Sunday in Dallas and my coworker David offered me some helpful advice on how to get David to be more interested in me.

After saying a few words to David about David, we were both obviously super confused and my coworker David told me that we needed to come up with a better name for this David if I wanted to keep talking about him. We agreed to start calling him Mr. D.

About every day my coworker David would ask me about Mr. D and how Mr. D was doing. This solved our problem, and over the next few months, I learned that David is a ridiculously popular name.

Davids ordered by when I met them:
David - my coworker at Pariveda
David - my David (also known as Mr. D)
David - my David's brother-in-law
David - my business partner for a short while

That's right four Davids.

Things could alway get a little tricky trying to talk to a David about other Davids. Once I had to talk to coworker David about business partner David while hanging out at my David's place. Thankfully I've never needed to relay this story to David, my David's brother-in-law. With my David's sister we each just refer to our Davids and "My David" and "Your David". It's great fun, really.

Moral of this post? Don't name your child one of the top 5 baby names.

That's right. I said that and then I looked it up. Sure enough:

So, there you have it-- Mr. D. and Mrs. M. 

Comments