Highlights from Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year David, my parents, my little sister and I all went to Oregon to visit our cousins. We haven't been down to Salem since I was in high school, but we tricked them into inviting us over by first inviting them to come to Seattle, knowing they'd invite us to visit their place.
We had a wonderful time and are so thankful for our family. Here are some highlights:
They have a son who returned from his 2 year Mormon mission in Brazil a couple months ago. Connor goes to USC and he showed us a YouTube video he made on campus before his mission as a sexy saxophone player.

We all got a pretty good laugh. We also loved a story his aunt shared about a conversation between a couple she overheard at Walmart:
Guy: What do you need in this aisle?
Girl: A toothbrush.
Guy: Why, we have one at home.
Girl: I want my own.
Guy: Why, I don't use it.
Girl: I just want a new one.
Guy: I don't understand why you won't use the one we have just because it isn't new.
Their family loves entertaining and so the day following our Thanksgiving feast they showed off their outdoor wood-burning pizza oven. David makes pretty good pizza, but our pizza stone really can't compare to their wood burning oven.

David's a big Oregon ducks fan and he was very happy to find that they were Ducks fans too. It was a pretty big game, Oregon Ducks vs. Oregon State Beavers, nicknamed the Civil War. We were all cheering for the Ducks (except for my dad who just cheered for every good play), ate homemade pizza, and enjoyed the company.
Sometime during the trip we owned up to trying to trick them into inviting ourselves over and they told us we didn't have to try to trick them anymore, but that if we wanted to come visit them again for Thanksgiving we were more than invited. :)

Comments