Decorating our Home

Mr. D and I have been decorating our home the past few months, and we both agree it's in a state we are really happy with. (In case you want to remember some of the pictures from before, you can look at our prior home post here.)
Family room
In our family room we hung pictures from unsplash.com, a site that posts 10 free use images every 10 days.
Kitchen
Birds
In our dining area, we found several decorations to place on the walls. For a long while all we had were the bird picture and mirror, both on the ground next to the walls, but with the help of my mom we were able to find additional pieces to go along with them. We really like the frames that we can put up pictures to with mini clothespins.
Frames
For these frames, Mr. D and I had a craft night where we bought chicken wire, burlap, and clothespins to hang pictures of people we love on the wall.
Dining Area
We purchased a new light fixture in our dining area. Our old one was wrapped in fabric on the outside that colored the light yellow, which I hated, so when I saw this one after searching for months I knew I had to have it. David let me do the electrical work for it, which involved capping and taping the wires.
Bedroom
Upstairs we replaced my college bedspread with a grey duvet and added an over-sized mirror for me to use when I'm getting ready. We also replaced our curtains with blackout ones. Normally I'm the one who can sleep-in on the weekends, but with these curtains Mr. D can out sleep me.

We love our home. :)

-Mr. D and Mrs. M 

Comments