Sisters weekend in San Francesco

Golden Gate Bridge
This past weekend I went to San Francesco with my two of my sisters in law. This trip was my first time with Mr. D’s sisters without Mr. D around, so I was looking forward to finally be able to have some quality time with them. We all flew into San Francesco Thursday evening— one of us from Las Vegas (Jess), another from San Diego (Danielle), and then me from Seattle.

We had a total sisters weekend; we got pedicures, went shopping, walked around the city, saw tourist attractions, and ate delicious food. Before the trip Danielle Yelped for all the best places for us to eat, so we ate at a variety of places, including a Tapas place, a family-owned breakfast place, got fish and chips, ate Chinese, sushi, a fancy restaurant, and picked up desserts from a bakery. 

The highlight of the trip for me was biking on the golden gate bridge! Before this trip I had never seen the bridge in person, so I was excited to finally have a look at such an iconic landmark. The bridge was crowded; there were literally thousands of girl scouts (do they do girl scout conventions?) walking the length of the bridge.  When my sisters and I were biking up a hill to get to the bridge, one girl scout on her way back put out her hand for a high five. As I reached out to give her a high five, several other additional girls put out their hands, and high-fiving them all reminded me of a how fun competing in races can be. We biked on one side of the bridge, the girl-scout pedestrians on the other side, and traffic through the middle. Biking across the bridge did not take very long, but the two-mile walk each way for the girl scouts probably took many of them the full morning.


Here are some more pictures from our trip:
Danielle and me

A wooden puzzle shop

View from one of the Piers

Does this at the Palace of Fine Arts look like R2D2?

Ghirardelli

The bike rental place when we got there and when we returned the bikes

Selfie!

I loved my weekend in San Francesco with my sisters in law!

-Mrs. M

Comments