Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year

Mr. D and I had a wonderful Christmas week and got to spend a lot of time with my family. Some of our family activities included the following:

  • Watching the new Star Wars movie
  • Watching My Fair Lady at the Village Theater
  • Seeing the Star Wars-themed gingerbread houses at the Sheraton hotel
  • Singing around the piano
  • Receiving Star Trek-themed PJs Christmas Eve
  • Receiving BYU or University of Utah Aprons Christmas Day from my grandma
For Christmas gifts, my siblings and I drew names. I got my brother. Mr. D and I decided we would buy him a game to help start what will hopefully become a game collection at BYU. He also liked the marriage book, "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married" by Gary Chapmen we gave him.

For the New Year, David got to go to Utah to see on of his best friends get married.

Here are some photos of our adventures:

BYU and Utah Aprons
Star Trek PJs
Saw Santa at a work party at the aquarium
Gingerbread house
Star Wars Gingerbread
Wedding 
Star Wars Episode I
Star Wars Episode II 
Star Wars Episode III
Star Wars Episode IV
Star Wars Episode V
Star Wars Episode VI

-Mr. D and Mrs. M

Comments

  1. What were some things from Chapmen's book that resonated with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, the biggest win in his book was a part where he talks about forgiveness and explains that one person's understanding of forgiveness might be different than another person's understanding. For example, one person might think that apologizing is saying you're sorry, while the other person feels that an apology is asking the other person for forgiveness. The first person can say sorry and the second person hasn't been asked "Will you forgive me" and feels like they're still waiting for an apology. With relationships it's important to take the time to understand what the other person wants, what you want, and be able to be open about these things and work together to compromise and help each other feel loved.

      Another piece I liked is in the beginning when they talk about different stages of love-- that you may feel the "fuzzies" as he likes to call them for the other person and they may last 6 months to a year, but that those feelings change over time.

      I also remember the part in the book where he talks about how he loads and unloads the dishwasher a lot at home because that's the way that his wife feels loved by him.

      Here is a link I found that outlines discussion points for if you were to read the book for a book club: http://fivelovelanguages-m0.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2012/05/1609_ThingsIWish_LeadersGuide_Rev.pdf

      Delete

Post a Comment