Camping at Lost Lake


This past weekend Mr. D and I ventured out of Seattle for our second camping trip of the summer. When Mr. D and I got married I remember explaining to him that I wasn't a camper (I was more of a shower everyday type of girl) and somehow we have managed to go twice this summer. At the end of the trip I even caught myself saying that I loved camping to one of our friends!

Something that has been key for me in camping is being prepared for camping and bringing the right stuff. Thankfully we have a generous family in our ward at church that is happy to loan us some of their camping gear, which we've been incredibly grateful for.

Mr. D and I had trouble finding a campsite, but got lucky and were able to find a beautiful space by a lake large enough for three tents for our group of six. Our neighbors we camped by were a little rowdy, but Mr. D had brought his earplugs so we were able to sleep well both nights we were there.

On Saturday we hiked to Mirror Lake together where we took a few glamour shots of each other, and jumped into the lake afterwards (more pictures below at the end of this post). While we loved being in the outdoors, nothing beat the company we were with sitting outside in the dark chatting with each other into the night.

For dessert one night we got to try the Beard family recipe for cobbler. I can't divulge the secrets of the recipe here, but I can say it involved cake mix, peaches, and a very precise number of briquettes above and below the Dutch oven.

Overall the camping trip was such a success! We spent a lot of time gathered together and greatly enjoyed getting to know our friends better.


  









Comments