A Day In the Life


Our son is now almost six months old and Mr. D and I have traded places. Now I am working while Mr. D takes paternity leave. We have both really enjoyed the opportunity to bond with our baby. Our son is starting to fall into a routine. My understanding is that baby routines vary quite a bit, but for what it's worth I want to share what a typical day in the life of our family looks like. I would love to hear what your experience has been. Here is his typical schedule:

6:00a – Wake up and bottle. Play time with mom and dad. Another bottle.
8:30a – Morning nap. Mom leaves for work.
10:30a – Wake up and bottle. Play time with dad. Bottle.
12:30p – Afternoon nap.
1:15p – Wake up and bottle. Play time. Bottle.
4:00p – Third nap.
4:45p – Wake up and bottle. Play time. Mom comes home. Dinner. Baby takes another bottle.
7:00p – Start the bedtime routine (bath, jammies, sleep sack, cuddles, song, prayer, bed).
7:30p – Bedtime. Mom and dad watch a show together before heading to bed too.

Lately our son eats about 35oz of formula per day. On Mondays Dad normally plans meals and takes our baby grocery shopping, and through out the week Mr. D finds time to do dishes, clean, and take care of other errands that help our family run smoothly. He takes our son out in the stroller for afternoon walks and I think they are enjoying their time together. I am really grateful for my husband and father he is to our adorable son.



















Comments