Book club turns 5!


Five years ago a few friends and I decided to start a book club! Each month we get together to chat and discuss a new book. These women are my best friends and I'm grateful for the things we've learned on our journey together. Over the past five years we've had more than twenty people attend our club (on average each month we have about 4 people come), and we have read about fifty books together! 

In the picture above, the girl on the far right is an original founder of our book club and she does the big job of keeping organized who’s turn it is to pick a book, reminding people about a week before on our FB group of when book club is, and almost always showing up. I feel really grateful for all the work she does to keep book club running smoothly. 

Here are a few of my favorite books we've read:
  • "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo (Chosen by Amy)
  • "Factfulness" by Hans Rosling (Chosen by Marissa)
  • "The Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale (Chosen by Laurel)
  • "The Magnolia Story" by Chip and Joanna Gaines (Chosen by Steph)
  • "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis (Chosen by Noelle)
  • "Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card (Chosen by Mimi)
  • "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson (Chosen by Laurel)

I love the variety of books we read and the kinds of conversation each book leads to. One practical thing I learned is that with my library card you can download an app called Overdrive (now Libby) on your phone to check out/reserve audio books. Now I spend many of my commute hours listening to books. 


We are looking to grow our club with more attendees, so if you are interesting in reading and live close by, we would love to add you to our group! Our book for July is “The Anatomy of Peace” by The Arbinger Institute. 

Comments